Sunday, January 19, 2014

As I turn 21 I have decided to start a little blog. Mostly just to reflect on life and hope to express myself through writing. Well here goes pretty much nothing.
Turning 21 is supposed to be important right? Well All I see is a man that is one day older and still looking like he is about 15 or maybe 17 with a goatee. I kinda feel bad because I feel like I'm robbing the happiness that is supposed to be in a birthday. I just feel like it is insignificant. It's just a day that happens to be the day I was born. I am not really a year older but only a day older then yesterday.
Now with all of that I still feel like birthdays are a good time to reflect. How was your year since your past birthday? I am asking that question and see that my life has been a  roller coaster. I have had great highs where I am enjoying myself and also following God well. Then there are the times that I strayed so far I don't even recognize myself. With all of this I am now starting to try to be consistent. I am trying to find out who I truly am and what will define me. I have bounced around so much in my life that all anybody could say is that he is positive and likes to go with the flow.
Well I am going to start going with my own flow and create myself. I am going to dive into God's word and find out how to serve him and live in this world. I am hoping this next year I can display myself. I am goign to show who Jake really is and how he serves an amazing God.
21 is going to be a great year and I hope I can look back next birthday and say I have done well in the past year. I want to grow in Christ and Learn a good deal about myself so here I come 22.
God Bless and Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment